Wednesday 14 November 2012


The Power of Imagination
by Santhosh Koyyotan


Before marriage I used to imagine about my married life.. it was colorful… After marriage, I realized that imagination is good BUT… with a limit. Now I envy all the bachelors present here… this is your time!!

We cannot fulfill our imagination 100%... but there is a technique… I learned from my 6 year old daughter, once she asked me “ papa can you imagine a number between 4 and 6” I told Yes baby  , then she asked me “is it 5”,  this is only the way we can fulfill 100%

I asked the same question  to my best buddy, Mr. venugopal “Venu, can you imagine a numeric number between 4 and 6”  he said 5.5 , poor man he doesn’t know the difference of numeric and decimal,  even though he is an engineer.

 Dear Friends, Guests  and beloved children, a  very good afternoon!

Imagination is the power given by the God.  Without imagination we will not be here, without imagination the world will not be here, our veda says “loka is sankalpa”

Imagination is great knowledge; imagination is a great innovator. If you can imagine it, you can create it.
There is a mantra in Baratheeya culture …“ sivam boothva sivam bajeth “  which means “ you imagine yourself as  Lord Siva, then you will get the spiritual realization  and you will become Siva.

When you imagine yourself as  siva  you will try to behave like Siva, you will try to speak the Truth, You will act boldly, you will act against injustice , slowly  you will get experience in life, this makes self-realization.You can see Buddhists, they are imagining that they are Buddha and they act like Buddha, living like Buddha, and be themselves as Buddha.

Dear friends, I know two persons who were powerhouses of imagination. When I saw first person riding a bicycle which was on a stand. I hope you know the difference between a bus stand and a cycle on stand. Then one nurse came and asked him ‘what are you doing dear?’, he replied ‘I am competing in a cycle race’. It was a mental hospital. The second person was simply sitting on the cycle. I thought he was normal and the nurse asked him the same question she had asked the first person. His replied hastily ‘Move aside, I am moving down the hill, the cycle might hit you’.

Dear friends, I have an advice for you... if you imagine something, it should never ever come to your face, tongue or action. If at all it comes, your dear and near ones will surely send you to the mental hospital.
Once Albert Einstein said imagination is more important than knowledge, he was right. I immediately stopped learning and started imagining!

Unfortunately my friends did not hear Albert Einstein’s theory so they are struggling with their engineering and architect jobs, I am simply sitting.  

I suggest you to start doing imagination because, here there is no side effect, it is not much expensive, and it is very simple and easy to do, you will never get pressure, sugar and cholesterol. Have a good health, Have a good day.

Thank you……


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an entertaining speech. The message is encapsulated in humor, keeping the entire audience focussed on the speech

    The humor starts from the first 20 seconds; this is a good approach- this will help the audience think that the session is going to be humorous.
    If there no humor in the first 90 seconds, audience will take it as serious speech.Humor after 90 seconds also will be taken as a serious matter!
    Santhosh left the audience laughing giving an impression that the audience got entertained.

    As a suggestion, there should be more rehearsal before delivery of any speech

    ReplyDelete